- Established in 2013 by Jenna Gerstenlauer, former CIO at CBRE Capital Partners and a 25 year commercial real estate debt veteran
- Core management team has worked together for 10 years; entrepreneurial approach with institutional operating proficiencies
Specialists in Income Producing Debt Investments with a combined 75 years of commercial real estate finance experience
Focus on commercial real estate debt and JV equity investmentsin the United States.
- Investment experience of senior team focused on b-notes, mezzanine loans, preferred equity, performing and non-performing note acquisitions, CMBS and Freddie Mac bonds, and joint venture equity
- Collateral located in primary and secondary markets with strong demographics, population and employment growth with specific interest in high innovation/university districts
- Focus on less accessible market segments – smaller, relationship driven, off-market transactions which produce higher yielding investments
- Restrictive regulatory environment for banks creates opportunity for real estate debt funds to replace lending to top-tier commercial properties in prime markets.
- This regulatory environment coupled with impending maturities ($1.0 trillion in commercial real estate debt is to be refinanced through 2020) has resulted in a financing gap that provides ample opportunity for subordinated debt lenders
CRE Debt is a defensive and income focused investment option
- Debt provides investors with exposure to real estate that is more senior in the capital structure than equity investments and has a contractual recurring income source. This results in higher current return and less dependence on value appreciation.
- While fundamentals remain mostly stable, the cycle is showing its age with cap rates increasing in various property segments.